We continue to deal with COVID-19 concerns, but have also continued to keep the virus at bay for the most part. Our team has been amazing in this fight over this nine-month period of time and we are grateful the vaccine is close at hand. Due to the high infection rate in Fulton County and in the state, our visitor restrictions continue, as follows:
• Only essential visitors will be permitted in the community.
• Common areas will be closed.
• Hairdressers will still receive appointments, but are limited to one person at a time.
• We will continue to receive deliveries and will get those to residents as usual.
• For the North and South Village neighborhoods, transportation is available for essential trips only—doctor appointments and grocery shopping. We encourage residents to also consider using Instacart for their shopping needs. North and South Village residents can continue to leave the community and return on a daily basis, but are asked to avoid high risk activities at this time.
At this time, we do not have an assigned vaccine administration date. In addition to Walgreens and CVS, which are federally contracted pharmacies, we have contacted two non-federally contracted pharmacy organizations for assistance. They are working their channels to find vaccine and a pharmacy that may be able to help us with vaccine administration. Walgreen’s is the federally contracted pharmacy assigned to St. George Village; they have notified us that they cannot issue a vaccination date until our name comes into their portal from their corporate office.
Residents in the North and South Villages may contact their primary care physicians, who may have already obtained vaccine, to find out if it is available to them there. Residents of Wellington Court are encouraged to remain safe at home until we have the onsite clinic for vaccine administration. COVID-19 numbers in the greater community continue to be very high. In our opinion, it is not worth the risk to go out at this time.
We are working as hard as we can to obtain a vaccination date and to keep our resident and employee Care Partners safe. We will inform residents and their families as soon as we are notified that the vaccine is available in our community.